You’re a successful CMO at a successful company. You’re well known at your company, of course, and perhaps within your industry, and you have experience, knowledge, and insights you want to share with a wider audience who doesn’t know you–yet. You know that spreading your message will be good for your company, your career, and those who listen to you. You’ve seen others do it, like the CMOs on the recently published Forbes report The World’s Most Influential CMOs 2017, or other executives like Sheryl Sandberg, Richard Branson, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg. You’ve seen the influence these entrepreneurs and executives have, and the attention it brings to them and their companies. You want that kind of influence, and the benefits you know will come with it. The Forbes report says influence is the new KPI:
Influence enables an effective CMO to win support for initiatives inside a company. Influence helps a CMO reach customers, impress shareholders, and deliver ever-stronger brand performance. Influence is how a CMO shapes the marketing conversation as a whole.
Influence is power–the power to make the world a better place, and there’s a formula for getting it. I’ve worked to study, develop, and refine that formula since I started experimenting with blogging in 2001. Over the years I studied the experts in thought leadership, marketing, and PR. Through trial and error I grew my personal brand. Here are some of the milestones and results from the past few years:
- Over 300 mentions in publications like Forbes, Inc., Fortune, CMO.com, Fast Company, and Time.
- Appearances on national and international TV and radio.
- Speaking engagements worldwide.
- A book deal.
- Opportunities to network with top executives and other influencers.
- Millions in revenue for my marketing agency MWI, directly traceable to my thought leadership. In one case, a single article generated over $3M in revenue.
At first it took a lot of work. I cultivated a following and built a reputation not by talking about myself, but by promoting others. My book, Chief Marketing Officers at Work, features other individuals, not me. I wrote articles about successful entrepreneurs and business leaders. But as my agency’s business boomed and I did more speaking and writing–and especially after my book was published, my profile grew, and people started to write articles about me. This led to recognition like this:
- #11, People Most Mentioned and Retweeted by CMOs – Leadtail
- 8 Content Marketers to Follow in 2017 – Inc. Magazine
- 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2017 – Entrepreneur Magazine
- The Top 10 Social Marketing Influencers to Keep An Eye on in 2017 – Social Media Explorer
- 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017 – Forbes
- 8 Online Influencers in Digital Marketing To Look Out For In 2017 – The Huffington Post
- 50 Online Marketing Influencers To Watch in 2016 – Entrepreneur Magazine
- #7, Top 100 Most Influential CMOs – Richtopia (even though I’m a CEO, not a CMO, but hey, I won’t complain)
One of my favorite moments was when my book on the CMO role was named one of the 5 Best Business Books of 2016 by Success Magazine.
The Results You Want
If we engage and you remain committed, within 12 months you will not only be a more successful CMO, you will be a globally recognized influencer inside and outside of the marketing world. In order for this to work there are parts you have to do, and there are parts I and my team will take care of. We know you’re busy. In the world of athletics the athlete is the athlete, and the coach is the coach, and the coach can’t run in place of the runner. In the influence world there is a lot we can do for you. We need your input and in some cases your approval, but you can leave much of the heavy lifting to us. We’ll overhaul your personal website and social media presence, or if they don’t exist we’ll create them. We’ll also engage in PR, social media marketing, email list building, and other related services. Here’s what you can expect to get and achieve within the first 12 months of working with me and my team:
- 10 mentions or features in major media publications so you can put an “As seen in…” section on your website with logos from top media properties.
- Consulting, ghostwriting, and editing for your articles and blog posts to draw in your audience.
- A book deal with a major publisher, ghostwriting and editing to move the process along make it a reality, and a marketing plan from an expert consultant to turn it into a best seller.
- A professionally designed influencer website set up the right way, with the right tools built into it, showing up in search engines for relevant terms, so that journalists, event organizers, publishers, readers, and others you want to connect with will view you as likable and trustworthy.
- High-end, professional photography that’ll give instant, confidence-winning validity to your website and social channels.
- A professional shot and edited speaker video on your own YouTube channel–a must-have for getting high-paying speaking gigs.
- All major social media channels set up with professional design and images and an engaged community of followers who will consume your content and spread your message.
- An ever-growing email list with 5,000+ high-quality subscribers awaiting every update you send, and clamoring for premium content and services.
- 5 interviews on prominent podcasts, giving you exposure across this hot and rapidly growing medium.
- Implementation of every system, structure, and process you need so your assistant or team can transform the notes and memos you already write into attention-grabbing, head-turning content, with no additional effort from you.
- If desired, a contributor position at Forbes, Inc., Entrepreneur, or similar publication, where you can further establish yourself as a business thought leader.
- 5 paid speaking engagements to directly pay for your investment, generate networking opportunities, and provide you with video footage and photos for further exposure.
What else do you get?
- 4 hours of monthly one-on-one coaching with me.
- Up to 4 additional hours of coaching via email or chat.
- A full-time, dedicated account manager.
- Access to a private online mastermind group that includes only myself and my other individual coaching clients.
- Up to 10 hours per month of additional influencer promotion services such as podcast editing and management, video production, content creation, or graphic design.
- Complimentary VIP access to all Influencer Inc events, including unlimited access to masterminds and exclusive, intimate gatherings with prominent influencers.
- Complimentary access to the annual Influencer Inc VIP retreat.
What would it mean to your career as a CMO to have a bestselling business book? What if you could get featured in top-tier publications like Forbes, Fast Company, WSJ, Inc., and Mashable? Could you double or triple your salary? How large of an impact could you make with your company? Are you ready to find out?
Apply for my executive influence coaching services for CMOs and let’s find out how far we can take this.