I’m a marketing consultant and I train chief marketing officers and their teams on how to use thought leadership, personal branding, PR, digital marketing, and influence to build businesses.
I know, I know, everyone says they’re a marketing consultant. There is an even great number of digital marketing consultants, and a lot of them are very, very good. My clients choose to work with me because of experience like this:
- Founded and successfully managed a multi-million dollar, international marketing agency since 1999 (and still going strong).
- Consulted with organizations like Sony, LG, Extra Space Storage, the Harvard Business School, and Symantec.
- Published a book containing 29 interviews with CMOs from companies like GE, Target, Spotify, The Home Depot, and PayPal.
- Written over 200 articles for publications like Forbes, Mashable, TechCrunch, Time, Inc., Entrepreneur, and Fortune.
- Coached C-level executives from Fortune 500 companies.
- Spoken around the world including in the US, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Taiwan, and Dubai.
- Networked with heads of the world’s largest marketing agencies, foremost marketing technology vendors, and business influencers.
My clients also like to bring me in to talk to their teams because of recognition I’ve received in the press, such as the following:
- 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2017 – Entrepreneur Magazine
8 Content Marketers to Follow in 2017 – Inc. Magazine
- The Top 10 Social Marketing Influencers to Keep An Eye on in 2017 – Social Media Explorer
- Praise for Chief Marketing Officers at Work: 5 Best Business Books of 2016 – Success Magazine
- 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017 – Forbes
- #7, Top 100 Most Influential CMOs – Richtopia (and I’m not even a CMO!)
- 8 Online Influencers in Digital Marketing To Look Out For In 2017 – The Huffington Post
- #11, People Most Mentioned and Retweeted by CMOs – Leadtail
When you bring in a consultant to speak to your company it’s not enough that the consultant knows what he’s talking about, he needs to have credibility. I bring with me 20 years of marketing experience working with thousands of companies from small startup to multi-billion dollar enterprises. Your consultant needs to engage, educate, and inspire. I do this through storytelling and case studies and a bit of entertainment–nobody falls asleep during my presentations. Your consultant needs to be able to demonstrate empathy and connect with the audience. I’ve held almost every role within a marketing team including brand strategist, web designer, coder, creative director, copywriter, editor, and account manager–I know what it’s like to be part of a marketing team, and to lead them, and when I speak to teams I speak from a position of knowing the challenges they face and the importance of the work they do. I know how to coach teams through the creative process of coming up with effective strategies, and then give them the practical tools they need to make their vision reality.
What others say
You know those online influencers everyone’s looking to connect with? Yes, Josh is one of them, but he doesn’t act like it. He’s kind, helpful, genuine and SUPER approachable. – Lucas Miller, CEO, Echelon PR
Josh is an expert at getting your business leads in a very responsible and effective way. I would highly recommend him to you for both speaking engagements and lead gen. – Chris Black, CEO, Black Marketing
Josh is an extremely detail oriented professional. I hired him to consult on an SEO initiative. SEO work can be tedious, but Josh never lost focus on the big picture and overall strategy. The results he provided were incredible and quick. – Curtis Packer, Product Marketing Manager, Venafi
We were impressed with Josh’s depth of knowledge, versatility, and professionalism. Beyond his skill and reputation, I found him easy to work with and quite accommodating. I recommend Joshua’s leadership, creative skills, and character to anyone. – Adam Michaelson, Product Manager, Bank of American Fork
We have worked with Josh on several occasions over the years and it has been a great experience each time. He is very personable, reliable and does great work. I’d recommend him without any reservations. – Travis Cook, Founder, SolutionStream
I train marketing executives and marketing teams to…
- Identify, understand, and empathize with prospective customers in order to produce marketing strategies and campaigns that get results.
- Use thought leadership to generate brand awareness, leads, and sales.
- Practice effective PR by pitching journalists and editors the right way so you get the positive coverage you want.
- Create a corporate blog to connect directly with your audience and guide them where you want them to go.
- Develop a results-only content marketing strategy and plan that is clear, concise, and highly executable.
- Implement podcasts, vlogs, and webinars to boost engagement with consumers across these rapidly growing mediums.
- Drive traffic to strategic content using social media.
- Route potential customers through online funnels to your desired destination.
- Build email lists and campaigns that create repeat consumers.
- Use offline and online events to build email lists and customer loyalty.
And did I mention I’m fluent in English and Portuguese, and have a working knowledge of Spanish and Mandarin Chinese?
What you get when you work with me
Although I currently live in China I work globally. Although my clients hire me, and I never send anyone else in my place, I am backed up by a capable team of experts and assistants, in addition to the full resources of my marketing agency MWI, which has offices in the US, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and the UK. If you hire me here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls, email message, and other communication.
- Personal consultation with me on location at your offices or via electronic means, as you prefer.
- Detailed and accurate analysis, effective strategies and plans, and an engaging and inspiring presentation.
- Access to my substantial network of contacts and referrals to potential partners.
- Results, not excuses.
Want to learn more? Let’s talk. Email me at email@example.com and you’ll receive a response within 24 hours.