I’m taking on a reduced number of speaking engagements for 2018 in order to focus on various projects, but it never hurts to check and see if we can work something out. Please submit the brief form here and I’ll get back to you within 24 hours, M-F.
I’m based in Shenzhen, China but speak to audiences internationally, primarily on the role of the executive as a thought leader and influencer.
I have a history of delivering–not just as a speaker, but as someone who is easy to work with. I hope the information on this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to know if I’m the right fit for your event. Thank you for considering me as a speaker.
Speaking Video Samples
You can see full length videos of me speaking on my YouTube channel.
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal consultation with me by phone (or where possible, in person) prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my social media channels, assuming you want the exposure.
- A professional, engaging presentation that delivers the outcomes you want with your audience.
- More than just a talk or presentation. If that’s all you want or need, that’s fine, but if you want someone who will get to know attendees, network with them, and provide more than merely a good talk, I’m your man. I’m typically the last person to leave a room, because I enjoy talking with everyone I can.
- Contacts and referrals to other potential speakers, should your event require multiple presenters.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with me to make sure I met your expectations and explore opportunities for improvement.
Here’s what event organizers I’ve worked with have to say about my presentations.
Josh has a mastery of content distribution strategies matched only by his engaging speaking style. He expertly demonstrated actionable ways to contact the right journalists, and more importantly, how to create crave-able content.
Daniel Mackey, VP of Operations at WriterAccess, Content Marketing Conference
It was wonderful to have Josh as a TEDxHongKongEd speaker. He was thoughtful, funny, authentic and talked about something relevant and personal – the ingredients for a great TEDx talk.
Jong Lee, TEDx Hong Kong
Whenever I invite Josh to speak on a topic, whether it’s SEO or growth hacking and everything in between, he always delivers with poise, honesty and insight gained from real world experience. Josh has become a tremendous asset to the digital marketing and start-up communities in Hong Kong, fully earned through hustle and hard work.
Michael Kerr, Chair, Technology Committee, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
Josh gave an outstanding keynote speech at Mosa, which was highly welcomed by the entrepreneurial community of Taiwan and attended by the leaders of the country, including the Premier of Taiwan.
Martin Talvari, co-founder of Mosa
Josh came to speak to our Master of Management students at Peking University HSBC Business School. He connected to the students with his humor and personal approach to speaking. The students responded exceptionally well to him bringing his experience to our course and he was a pleasure to work with.
Kevin Chastagner, Assistant Professor at Peking University HSBC Business School, Shenzhen, China
Born: May 28, 1975
Hometown: Arcadia, CA
Current home: Shenzhen, China
Occupation: Founder & CEO, MWI. Also author, speaker, journalist.
Hobbies: Family, friends, skateboarding, reading, writing, triathlon, trail running, drawing.
Books: Chief Marketing Officers at Work, Apress (August, 2016).
- 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2017 – Entrepreneur Magazine
- 8 Content Marketers to Follow in 2017 – Inc. Magazine
- The Top 10 Social Marketing Influencers to Keep An Eye on in 2017 – Social Media Explorer
- Praise for Chief Marketing Officers at Work: 5 Best Business Books of 2016 – Success Magazine, 11 Marketing Books Every CMO Should Read – Forbes
- 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017 – Forbes
- #7, Top 100 Most Influential CMOs – Richtopia
- 8 Online Influencers in Digital Marketing To Look Out For In 2017 – The Huffington Post
- 50 Online Marketing Influencers To Watch in 2016 – Entrepreneur Magazine
- #11, People Most Mentioned and Retweeted by CMOs – Leadtail
Copy and paste bio (edit as needed): Josh Steimle is an author, speaker, and entrepreneur. He has written over 300 articles for publications like Fortune, Time, Forbes, Inc., Mashable, TechCrunch, and Entrepreneur, and is the author of Chief Marketing Officers at Work, which contains 29 interviews with CMOs from organizations like GE, the Harvard Business School, Spotify, Target, and PayPal and was recognized in Success Magazine as one of the 5 Best Business Books of 2016. Josh is the CEO of MWI, a digital marketing firm he founded in 1999 with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, China, the UK, and the US. Josh is a TEDx speaker and presents to business and marketing events worldwide. He is also the founder of Influencer Inc, a publishing, training, and events company that turns executives into thought leaders. Entrepreneur Magazine put Josh on their 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2017 list, Forbes recognized him as one of 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017, Josh was ranked #7 on Richtopia’s list of Top 100 Most Influential CMOs, and data from social media research firm Leadtail ranked Josh #11 on their list of People Most Mentioned and Retweeted by CMOs. Josh has been interviewed for national TV, radio, and leading podcasts on topics related to technology, marketing, and entrepreneurship, and in Asia, Josh consults with leaders in government on topics related to entrepreneurship and startups. He has held various board positions on or otherwise worked with non-profit entities related to adoption, education, entrepreneurship, economics, and government policy. Josh holds a Masters of Information Systems Management from Brigham Young University (BYU). Josh started his marketing agency while a student at BYU where he won the BYU Business Plan Competition in 2001. Josh was named the Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2002 by the Utah chapter of the Small Business Administration. Josh lives in Shenzhen, China with his wife and two children, and is an avid reader, trail runner, triathlete, and skateboarder. He is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka “Mormons”) and served a mission for his church to Manaus, Brazil. He is fluent in English and Portuguese and is studying Mandarin.
Images (click for high-res):
My Most Requested Topics
I speak on topics related to the role of the chief marketing officer, digital marketing, entrepreneurship, and how to become an industry influencer. I typically give keynotes but also deliver workshops and participate on panels. Favorite topics include:
- How to Become an Influential Executive
- The 7 Systems of Highly Influential People
- Thought Leadership for Marketing Agencies
- How to Create a $3M Blog Post
As part of my presentations I often share my story of growing my digital marketing agency from a one-man show bringing in less than $10,000 per month to a multi-million dollar, global operation, through content marketing and thought leadership.
I love doing Q&A after all my presentations, where possible.
- Content Marketing Conference: May 02 - 04, 2018, Boston - How To Become a Contributor To Top Business Publications
- Digital PR Masterclass: April 10, 2018, London - Digital PR Masterclass
- The Cult Gathering 2018: February 21 - 23, 2018, The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel (Conference Centre) - The Cult Gathering 2018
- Infopreneur Summit 2018: February 19 - 22, 2018 - Infopreneur Summit 2018
- Video Trends For 2018 Conference: December 12, 2017, Tel Aviv, Israel - Video Trends For 2018 Conference
- All-In-One Social Media Podcast: November 30, 2017 - Bold Marketing When Your Business Is Boring
- Ignite Seminar : September 21, 2017, Pico Tower, 66 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, HK - Crowdfunding for Non-Profit: More than Fundraising
- Meltwater APAC webinar: August 22, 2017 - Why your CEO should be the center of your next KOL campaign
- ReadWrite Labs Meetup: July 17, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Getting Started in China Panel
- China Marketing Summit: July 15, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Building a Personal Brand
- RISE Community Night: July 14, 2017, Hong Kong - Thought Leadership and PR
- Madrasters Meetup: July 01, 2017, Shenzhen, China - My Thought Leadership Journey
- BYU-Idaho: Power to Become: May 18 - 19, 2017, Rexburg, Idaho - 10 Ways Shy Students Can Become Well Connected
- Building Business Rockstars Podcast: May 10, 2017 - How to Become an Influencer & Create a Thriving Business
- Marketing Milestones Podcast: May 04, 2017 - CMOs at Work
- Cross Border Summit: April 21 - 22, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Leveraging Influencers for Ecommerce Growth
- Digital Communications Conference: April 19, 2017, Hong Kong - How Influencers Are Shaping the Future of PR
- Content Marketing Conference: April 11 - 13, 2017, Boston - Content Marketing Conference
- China Business Cast Podcast: March 30, 2017 - Becoming an influencer and thought leader, China vs. the West
- The CMO Show Podcast: March 16, 2017 - What does it take to be a successful CMO today?
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: March 04, 2017, Hong Kong - Digital Marketing Today
- Podcast Fire Nation: February 25, 2017 - 1588: Forty pounds overweight and depressed to ultra trail runner with Josh Steimle
- Global Sources Startup Launchpad: February 24, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Global Sources Startup Launchpad
- China Marketing Summit: February 23, 2017, Shenzhen, China - DIY Public Relations
- Hubstaff Podcast: February 22, 2017 - Josh Steimle on 10X-ing in a year by finding the right partners
- China Marketing Summit: January 14, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Future of Marketing Opening Keynote
- WeChat Expo: January 12, 2017, Hong Kong - WeChat Expo
- Hardware Massive: January 12, 2017, Hong Kong - Marketing for Hardware Startups Panel Day 2
- Hardware Massive: January 11, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Marketing for Hardware Startups Panel Day 1
- Freelance Transformation Podcast: January 09, 2017 - Winning Clients Through Influence
- Razor Sharp Marketing Podcast: December 20, 2016 - Insights from 29 Chief Marketing Officers with Josh Steimle
- Guangzhou International Innovation Festival: December 05 - 06, 2016, Guangzhou, China - Future of Marketing Panel
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong: December 01, 2016, Hong Kong - $10K to $100K: The Benefits of Becoming an Influencer
- The CMO Podcast: November 10, 2016 - How the CMO Killed My Deal
- School for Startups Podcast: November 03, 2016 - School for Startups Podcast
- Ictus Marketing Podcast: November 02, 2016 - Ictus Marketing Podcast
- Hack the Entrepreneur Podcast: October 27, 2016 - Hack the Entrepreneur Podcast
- Digital Marketing Radio Podcast: October 25, 2016 - Growing a digital marketing agency from China
- Big Salad: October 15, 2016, Shenzhen, China - Big Salad Shenzhen
- Interactive Minds: October 12, 2016, Brisbane, Australia - Building Your Business Through Thought Leadership
- Little Tokyo Two: October 12, 2016, Brisbane, Australia - Little Tokyo Two Australia
- Startup Melbourne Podcast: October 10, 2016 - Startup Melbourne 2
- Less Doing Podcast: October 07, 2016 - Less Doing Podcast
- Startup Melbourne Podcast: October 02, 2016 - Startup Melbourne 1
- Entrepreneur Decoded Podcast: September 08, 2016 - Entrepreneur Decoded Podcast
- Ideation Collective Podcast: September 08, 2016 - Ideation Collective Podcast
- Marketing Book Podcast: September 02, 2016 - Marketing Book Podcast
- Startup Grind: August 26, 2016, Shenzhen, China - Startup Grind Shenzhen
- HAX Accelerator: August 26, 2016, Shenzhen, China - PR 101 For Startups
- ClickZ Live: August 02 - 04, 2016, Hong Kong - How to Became a B2B Marketing Influencer
- Salesgasm: June 28, 2016, Hong Kong - CMO Insights
- The Hub Singapore: June 17, 2016, Singapore - 12 SEO Must-Haves For Your Website In 2016
- Echelon Asia Summit 2016: June 15 - 16, 2016, Singapore - Echelon Asia Summit 2016
- Wearable IoT World: June 07, 2016, Hong Kong - Content Marketing for IoT Startups
- COMPUTEX: May 31 - June 04, 2016, Taipei, Taiwan - COMPUTEX
- Content Marketing Conference: May 17 - 19, 2016, Las Vegas - Content Marketing Conference
- Drexel University: May 05, 2016, Hong Kong - Marketing in Hong Kong
- Baylor University: April 29, 2016, Hong Kong - Starting a Business in Asia
- Peking University HSBC Business School: April 15, 2016, Shenzhen, China - Shenzhen Peking University
- Auburn University: March 18, 2016, Hong Kong - EMBA group from Auburn University
- Malaysia Social Media Week: March 07 - 10, 2016, Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia Social Media Week
- India Social Media Week: March 03 - 04, 2016, Chennai, India - India Social Media Week
- WriterAccess: February 25, 2016, Webinar - - 5 Steps to Become a Contributor to Forbes, TechCrunch, and More
- Garage Society: February 16, 2016, Hong Kong - Online Writing Workshop
- Hult Prize: December 12, 2015, Shenzhen, China - Hult Prize Regional Event
- Church & State / MWI: November 11, 2015, Salt Lake City, Utah - International Digital Marketing
- InvestHK: November 03, 2015, San Francisco - Doing Business in Hong Kong
- ClickZ: October 21 - 22, 2015, Singapore - ClickZ Live Singapore
- MOSA: October 07 - 08, 2015, Taipei, Taiwan - Public Relations for Startups
- Rackspace SOLVE Hong Kong: September 16, 2015, Hong Kong - Rackspace SOLVE Hong Kong
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: July 28, 2015, Hong Kong - Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- ad:tech asean: July 07, 2015, Singapore - ad:tech asean
- CommunicAsia2015: June 02, 2015, Singapore - CommunicAsia2015
- World Internet Developer Summit: May 21, 2015, Hong Kong - World Internet Developer Summit
- General Assembly: March 17, 2015, Hong Kong - General Assembly
- General Assembly: January 22, 2015, Hong Kong - General Assembly
- Arab Women Leadership Forum: November 04, 2014, Dubai - Arab Women Leadership Forum
- Founders Institute: August 25, 2014, Hong Kong - Founders Institute
- ClickZ Live: August 07, 2014, Hong Kong - ClickZ Live
- General Assembly: July 24, 2014 - General Assembly
- American Chamber of Commerce: : July 09, 2014, Hong Kong - American Chamber of Commerce
- TEDxHongKongED: : May 31, 2014 - TEDxHongKongED
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: May 21, 2014, Hong Kong - Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- General Assembly: March 25, 2014, Hong Kong - General Assembly
- CoCoon: January 16, 2014, Hong Kong - CoCoon
- SME Creativity Center: March 25, 2013, Hong Kong - SME Creativity Center
- Asia Self Storage Expo: March 19, 2013, Hong Kong - Asia Self Storage Expo