I’ve spoken live hundreds of times at conferences, universities, and corporations, to small groups as well as at TEDx and to audiences numbering in the thousands. I’ve also been interviewed on radio, TV, as an expert source for articles, and on more than 50 podcasts.
- Personal branding and thought leadership on LinkedIn
- How to become a contributor to top business publications
Bio & Photos
Copy and paste bio (edit as needed):
Josh Steimle is an author, speaker, entrepreneur, and executive coach.
He has written over 300 articles for publications like Fortune, Time, Forbes, Inc., Mashable, TechCrunch, and Entrepreneur, and is the author of Chief Marketing Officers at Work, which contains 29 interviews with CMOs from organizations like GE, the Harvard Business School, Spotify, Target, and PayPal and was recognized in Success Magazine as one of the 5 Best Business Books of 2016.
Josh is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, and North America, and has been interviewed on local, national, and international radio and TV programs and on more than 50 podcasts on topics related to technology, marketing, personal influence, and entrepreneurship.
Josh is the founder of MWI, a digital marketing agency with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, China, the UK, and the US. He is also the founder and CEO of Influencer Inc, a publishing, training, and events company that provides personal branding and thought leadership services to CEOs and other executives.
Entrepreneur Magazine put Josh on their 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2017 list, Forbes recognized him as one of 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017, Josh was ranked #7 on Richtopia’s list of Top 100 Most Influential CMOs, and data from social media research firm Leadtail ranked Josh #11 on their list of People Most Mentioned and Retweeted by CMOs.
Josh consults with leaders in government on topics related to entrepreneurship and startups and has held various board positions and otherwise worked with non-profit entities related to adoption, education, entrepreneurship, economics, and government policy.
Josh holds a Masters of Information Systems Management from Brigham Young University (BYU). Josh started his marketing agency while a student at BYU where he won the BYU Business Plan Competition in 2001. Josh was named the Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2002 by the Utah chapter of the Small Business Administration.
Josh lives on a farm near Boston with his wife, two children, and 27 horses, and is an avid reader, trail runner, triathlete, and skateboarder. He is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka “Mormons”) and served a mission for his church to Manaus, Brazil. He is fluent in English and Portuguese, can get by in Spanish, and continues his quest to learn Mandarin after living in Shenzhen, China for two years.
Images (click for high-res):
- Content Marketing Conference: April 16, 2019, Boston - Content Marketing Conference
- Reach or Miss Podcast: March 18, 2019 - Entrepreneur Magazine put Josh Steimle on their 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch and Forbes recognized him as one of 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017, And yet he says “If I’ve had any success, I’ve had 10 times as many failures”
- B2B Growth Podcast: March 06, 2019 - #ContentBasedNetworking 11: How a College Kid Got a Meeting with a Big Shot CEO
- BYU China Conference: February 16, 2019, Provo, Utah - My China Experience
- The Innovative Agency Podcast: February 13, 2019 - 4 Steps for Agencies to Generate Massive Revenue With Thought Leadership.
One of the most profitable revenue streams remains untapped at most agencies: thought leadership.
The phrase may sound akin to an over-utilized buzzword, but Josh Steimle, agency owner at MWi would disagree.
Using his publications in Forbes, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, and industry publications, he’s generated $5M in revenue.
And no, it wasn’t difficult to get in. He simply joined contributor programs at each, published his articles without pay, and went from near-bankruptcy to a flourishing agency in a matter of months.
He broke down a very easy 4-step process to publication that leads to revenue right here on The Innovative Agency Podcast
- China Influencer Marketing Panel: November 26, 2018, Hong Kong - China Influencer Marketing
- ABNet: November 14, 2018, Shenzhen, China - LinkedIn Thought Leadership Workshop
- Startup Grind: November 10, 2018, Shenzhen, China - Personal Branding Workshop
- Startup Circle: November 07, 2018 - How to build personal influence to grow a business
- Mercato Partners: October 17, 2018, Salt Lake City, Utah - LinkedIn For Startup Founders
- Impact Summit: October 13, 2018, Salt Lake City, Utah - Opening Keynote: The 7 Systems of Influence
- Startup Grind: September 01, 2018, Shenzhen, China - PR Advice for Startups
- Selling Disruption Show: August 27, 2018 - How to Become An Executive Person Of Interest with Josh Steimle
- Brand Hero w/ SwagSam: August 27, 2018 - Helping Executives become Influencers w/ Josh Steimle
- Asia Circle: August 24, 2018, Hong Kong - LinkedIn for CEOs
- Content Marketing Conference: May 02 - 04, 2018, Boston - How To Become a Contributor To Top Business Publications
- The Cult Gathering 2018: February 21 - 23, 2018, The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel (Conference Centre) - The Cult Gathering 2018
- Video Trends For 2018 Conference: December 12, 2017, Tel Aviv, Israel - Video Trends For 2018 Conference
- Ignite Seminar : September 21, 2017, Pico Tower, 66 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, HK - Crowdfunding for Non-Profit: More than Fundraising
- Meltwater APAC webinar: August 22, 2017 - Why your CEO should be the center of your next KOL campaign
- ReadWrite Labs Meetup: July 17, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Getting Started in China Panel
- China Marketing Summit: July 15, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Building a Personal Brand
- RISE Community Night: July 14, 2017, Hong Kong - Thought Leadership and PR
- Madrasters Meetup: July 01, 2017, Shenzhen, China - My Thought Leadership Journey
- BYU-Idaho: Power to Become: May 18 - 19, 2017, Rexburg, Idaho - 10 Ways Shy Students Can Become Well Connected
- Building Business Rockstars Podcast: May 10, 2017 - How to Become an Influencer & Create a Thriving Business
- Marketing Milestones Podcast: May 04, 2017 - CMOs at Work
- Cross Border Summit: April 21 - 22, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Leveraging Influencers for Ecommerce Growth
- Digital Communications Conference: April 19, 2017, Hong Kong - How Influencers Are Shaping the Future of PR
- Content Marketing Conference: April 11 - 13, 2017, Boston - Content Marketing Conference
- China Business Cast Podcast: March 30, 2017 - Becoming an influencer and thought leader, China vs. the West
- The CMO Show Podcast: March 16, 2017 - What does it take to be a successful CMO today?
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: March 04, 2017, Hong Kong - Digital Marketing Today
- Podcast Fire Nation: February 25, 2017 - 1588: Forty pounds overweight and depressed to ultra trail runner with Josh Steimle
- Global Sources Startup Launchpad: February 24, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Global Sources Startup Launchpad
- China Marketing Summit: February 23, 2017, Shenzhen, China - DIY Public Relations
- Hubstaff Podcast: February 22, 2017 - Josh Steimle on 10X-ing in a year by finding the right partners
- China Marketing Summit: January 14, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Future of Marketing Opening Keynote
- WeChat Expo: January 12, 2017, Hong Kong - WeChat Expo
- Hardware Massive: January 12, 2017, Hong Kong - Marketing for Hardware Startups Panel Day 2
- Hardware Massive: January 11, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Marketing for Hardware Startups Panel Day 1
- Freelance Transformation Podcast: January 09, 2017 - Winning Clients Through Influence
- Razor Sharp Marketing Podcast: December 20, 2016 - Insights from 29 Chief Marketing Officers with Josh Steimle
- Guangzhou International Innovation Festival: December 05 - 06, 2016, Guangzhou, China - Future of Marketing Panel
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong: December 01, 2016, Hong Kong - $10K to $100K: The Benefits of Becoming an Influencer
- The CMO Podcast: November 10, 2016 - How the CMO Killed My Deal
- School for Startups Podcast: November 03, 2016 - School for Startups Podcast
- Ictus Marketing Podcast: November 02, 2016 - Ictus Marketing Podcast
- Hack the Entrepreneur Podcast: October 27, 2016 - Hack the Entrepreneur Podcast
- Digital Marketing Radio Podcast: October 25, 2016 - Growing a digital marketing agency from China
- Big Salad: October 15, 2016, Shenzhen, China - Big Salad Shenzhen
- Interactive Minds: October 12, 2016, Brisbane, Australia - Building Your Business Through Thought Leadership
- Little Tokyo Two: October 12, 2016, Brisbane, Australia - Little Tokyo Two Australia
- Startup Melbourne Podcast: October 10, 2016 - Startup Melbourne 2
- Less Doing Podcast: October 07, 2016 - Less Doing Podcast
- Startup Melbourne Podcast: October 02, 2016 - Startup Melbourne 1
- Entrepreneur Decoded Podcast: September 08, 2016 - Entrepreneur Decoded Podcast
- Ideation Collective Podcast: September 08, 2016 - Ideation Collective Podcast
- Marketing Book Podcast: September 02, 2016 - Marketing Book Podcast
- Startup Grind: August 26, 2016, Shenzhen, China - Startup Grind Shenzhen
- HAX Accelerator: August 26, 2016, Shenzhen, China - PR 101 For Startups
- ClickZ Live: August 02 - 04, 2016, Hong Kong - How to Became a B2B Marketing Influencer
- Salesgasm: June 28, 2016, Hong Kong - CMO Insights
- The Hub Singapore: June 17, 2016, Singapore - 12 SEO Must-Haves For Your Website In 2016
- Echelon Asia Summit 2016: June 15 - 16, 2016, Singapore - Echelon Asia Summit 2016
- Wearable IoT World: June 07, 2016, Hong Kong - Content Marketing for IoT Startups
- COMPUTEX: May 31 - June 04, 2016, Taipei, Taiwan - COMPUTEX
- Content Marketing Conference: May 17 - 19, 2016, Las Vegas - Content Marketing Conference
- Drexel University: May 05, 2016, Hong Kong - Marketing in Hong Kong
- Baylor University: April 29, 2016, Hong Kong - Starting a Business in Asia
- Peking University HSBC Business School: April 15, 2016, Shenzhen, China - Shenzhen Peking University
- Auburn University: March 18, 2016, Hong Kong - EMBA group from Auburn University
- Malaysia Social Media Week: March 07 - 10, 2016, Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia Social Media Week
- India Social Media Week: March 03 - 04, 2016, Chennai, India - India Social Media Week
- WriterAccess: February 25, 2016, Webinar - - 5 Steps to Become a Contributor to Forbes, TechCrunch, and More
- Garage Society: February 16, 2016, Hong Kong - Online Writing Workshop
- Hult Prize: December 12, 2015, Shenzhen, China - Hult Prize Regional Event
- Church & State / MWI: November 11, 2015, Salt Lake City, Utah - International Digital Marketing
- InvestHK: November 03, 2015, San Francisco - Doing Business in Hong Kong
- ClickZ: October 21 - 22, 2015, Singapore - ClickZ Live Singapore
- MOSA: October 07 - 08, 2015, Taipei, Taiwan - Public Relations for Startups
- Rackspace SOLVE Hong Kong: September 16, 2015, Hong Kong - Rackspace SOLVE Hong Kong
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: July 28, 2015, Hong Kong - Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- ad:tech asean: July 07, 2015, Singapore - ad:tech asean
- CommunicAsia2015: June 02, 2015, Singapore - CommunicAsia2015
- World Internet Developer Summit: May 21, 2015, Hong Kong - World Internet Developer Summit
- General Assembly: March 17, 2015, Hong Kong - General Assembly
- General Assembly: January 22, 2015, Hong Kong - General Assembly
- Arab Women Leadership Forum: November 04, 2014, Dubai - Arab Women Leadership Forum
- Founders Institute: August 25, 2014, Hong Kong - Founders Institute
- ClickZ Live: August 07, 2014, Hong Kong - ClickZ Live
- General Assembly: July 24, 2014 - General Assembly
- American Chamber of Commerce: : July 09, 2014, Hong Kong - American Chamber of Commerce
- TEDxHongKongED: : May 31, 2014 - TEDxHongKongED
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: May 21, 2014, Hong Kong - Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- General Assembly: March 25, 2014, Hong Kong - General Assembly
- CoCoon: January 16, 2014, Hong Kong - CoCoon
- SME Creativity Center: March 25, 2013, Hong Kong - SME Creativity Center
- Asia Self Storage Expo: March 19, 2013, Hong Kong - Asia Self Storage Expo