I understand how challenging it is to find the perfect speaker. In addition to my role as a speaker I’ve also filled the role of event organizer, arranging small corporate training sessions as well as large, multi-day conferences. I’ve seen speakers shine and I’ve seen them sink, and I’ve seen how the success of an event depends on the quality and fit of the speakers. Thank you for considering me, and I hope this page will make it easy for you to determine if I am the right fit for your event.
This page will give you an overview of what I provide as a speaker and access to resources you will need if you hire me such as images and my bio. You can click the links below to go directly to the relevant section.
Want to check my availability or discuss your event further to see if there’s a great match?
Click to download high-res versions.
Speaking Video Samples
I’ve spoken live hundreds of times at conferences, universities, and corporations, to small groups as well as to a 1,000+ TEDx audience and to other audiences numbering in the thousands. I’ve also been interviewed for radio and TV as an expert source for articles and on more than 70 podcasts. Here are just a few samples.
Copy and paste bio (edit as needed):
Josh Steimle is an author, speaker, entrepreneur, and executive coach.
He has written over 300 articles for publications like Fortune, Time, Forbes, Inc., Mashable, TechCrunch, and Entrepreneur, and is the author of Chief Marketing Officers at Work, which contains 29 interviews with CMOs from organizations like GE, the Harvard Business School, Spotify, Target, and PayPal and was recognized in Success Magazine as one of the 5 Best Business Books of 2016.
Josh is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, and North America, and has been interviewed on local, national, and international radio and TV programs and on more than 50 podcasts on topics related to technology, marketing, personal influence, and entrepreneurship.
Josh is the founder of MWI, a digital marketing agency with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, China, the UK, and the US. He is also the founder and CEO of Influencer Inc, a publishing, training, and events company that provides personal branding and thought leadership services to CEOs and other executives.
Entrepreneur Magazine put Josh on their 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2017 list, Forbes recognized him as one of 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017, Josh was ranked #7 on Richtopia’s list of Top 100 Most Influential CMOs, and data from social media research firm Leadtail ranked Josh #11 on their list of People Most Mentioned and Retweeted by CMOs.
Josh consults with leaders in government on topics related to entrepreneurship and startups and has held various board positions and otherwise worked with non-profit entities related to adoption, education, entrepreneurship, economics, and government policy.
Josh holds a Masters of Information Systems Management from Brigham Young University (BYU). Josh started his marketing agency while a student at BYU where he won the BYU Business Plan Competition in 2001. Josh was named the Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2002 by the Utah chapter of the Small Business Administration.
Josh lives on a farm near Boston with his wife, two children, and 27 horses, and is an avid reader, trail runner, triathlete, and skateboarder. He is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka “Mormons”) and served a mission for his church to Manaus, Brazil. He is fluent in English and Portuguese, can get by in Spanish, and continues his quest to learn Mandarin after living in Shenzhen, China for two years.
My Most Requested Topics
I speak on topics related to the role of the chief marketing officer, digital marketing, entrepreneurship, and how to become an industry influencer. I typically give keynotes but also deliver workshops and participate on panels. Favorite topics include:
Developing Thought Leadership Through LinkedIn
With 600 million users, LinkedIn is the largest professional social network in the world. 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as a content distribution channel, and 91% of marketing executives list LinkedIn as the top place to find quality content. And yet many executives, entrepreneurs, and working professionals view LinkedIn as nothing more than an online resume database and a good place to look for a new job. While LinkedIn is a great place to source top talent and find new career opportunities, the big opportunity for businesses is to use the platform to form partnerships and make deals.
Although 250 million users log onto LinkedIn each month, only 3 million users share content weekly. This presents a prime opportunity for those executives who engage in thought leadership to establish themselves as the experts in their industry.
In his presentation, Josh Steimle, author of 60 Days to LinkedIn Mastery, shares how, despite writing for Forbes, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, and other business publications, he was able to get higher levels of engagement publishing content on LinkedIn. Steimle’s posts have been seen by millions and have led to coverage in major media outlets, access to partnerships, and revenue growth for his businesses. He shares his most valuable tips on how executives, marketing and sales teams, entrepreneurs, and other working professionals can optimize their LinkedIn profiles, make meaningful connections, and create compelling content that gets real results.
- Explore recent changes to LinkedIn and how they open the door to new marketing opportunities.
- Learn how executives and entrepreneurs are using LinkedIn to reach new customers.
- Top 10 quick and easy tips to achieve LinkedIn mastery.
The 7 Systems of Influence
How did the most influential people throughout history become that way? Was it luck, or skill?
In his talk, Josh Steimle, author of The 7 Systems of Influence, presents research to show that while being in the right place at the right time may be helpful, highly influential people rely upon systems to generate enduring, positive influence. Once you learn about these systems they will change the way you view the world and your role in it, and will lead to changes in your personal and professional lives.
- Explore The 7 Systems of Influence; vision, genius zone, audience, content, action, collaboration, and love.
- See how the most influential people the world has known have used these systems of influence.
- Learn how to implement The 7 Systems of Influence to lead others and make a lasting impact.
Every Executive a Thought Leader
People do business with people they know, like, and trust. Given the choice, virtually all consumers, whether B2B or B2C, prefer to do business with companies associated with a happy, smiling face whose name they know. Richard Branson, Elon Musk, and Oprah may be some of the most well-known examples, but an executive doesn’t need outsized fame to get a positive ROI from thought leadership–you can start small and reap immediate results.
In his presentation, Josh Steimle, founder of the global marketing agency MWI, shares how articles he wrote for Forbes and other business publications led to a TEDx talk, a book deal, and saved his business from the brink of bankruptcy, generated millions in revenue, and allowed his company to open offices around the world. He then details how any executive, even with limited time, can engage in thought leadership starting today, and grow his or her business.
- Learn the difference between a personal brand and a “powerful” personal brand that generates tangible results.
- Explore The 7 Systems of Influence and how you can use them to build a powerful personal brand.
- See how to leverage limited time to engage in the most powerful forms of thought leadership to get outsized results and learn how Josh generated over $5M in revenue from a single article.
PR Secrets: How to Get Featured in Top Business Magazines
Every day thousands of PR agencies send out tens of thousands of press releases and pitches to the business media. The vast majority won’t just be rejected–they won’t even get read.
As a writer for Forbes, Fortune, Mashable, TechCrunch, Fast Company, and two dozen other business publications, Josh Steimle was a big target for PR agencies and in-house PR departments and often received hundreds of pitches each month. Through his own experiences and interviews with other writers, Josh analyzed what pitches worked and which didn’t, and how he learned the art and science of the PR pitch.
In his presentation, Josh shares his top secrets and explains why PR experts fail to get the results they promise, how to hire PR agencies and experts who will deliver, or how to do your own PR.
- See when it makes sense to do PR in-house vs. outsourcing to an agency or expert.
- Explore how PR has changed from sending out press releases and how social media, content marketing, and thought leadership can generate outsized returns.
- Learn The 7 Systems of Influence and how to implement them for sustained positive PR success.
The Art of the Contributor
In 2013, Josh Steimle’s marketing agency was on the brink of bankruptcy when he was invited to contribute articles in a weekly column to Forbes. Over the next three years Steimle would pen 164 articles for Forbes, and hundreds more for more than two dozen publications including TechCrunch, Mashable, Fortune, TIME, Fast Company, and Entrepreneur. Those articles led to a TEDx talk, a book deal, an invitation to hang out with Richard Branson on his private island for a week, and generated millions in revenue for his agency, allowing his company to open offices around the world.
In his presentation Steimle shares a 9-point roadmap detailing what it takes to become a contributor to major business publications, and how to ethically leverage your media platform to build a powerful personal brand and grow your business.
- Learn why most attempts to write for large business publications fail due to lack of preparation.
- Explore how to build a personal brand that makes it easy for publishers to say “Yes” to your pitch to contribute articles.
- Learn how to use The 7 Systems of Influence to choose the right publication and produce the right content to get real results.
The CMO and the Skateboarder: How Top Marketers Harness Persistence, Progression, and Creativity
Josh Steimle interviewed 30 chief marketing officers from companies like GE, PayPal, Spotify, The Home Depot, and Target to write his book Chief Marketing Officers at Work, which was named by Success Magazine as one of the Top 5 Business Books of 2016.
Steimle is also a life-long skateboarder with the broken arms and twisted ankles to prove it. In his presentation, Steimle compares the often brutally short-tenured lifespan of the CMO to life as a skateboarder and weaves lessons back and forth to show how both CMOs and skateboarders succeed when they bring passion, progression, and creativity to their roles.
- Explore how chief marketing officers from leading corporations, nonprofits, government entities, and startups got to where they are today, what their job entails, and the skills they use to thrive in the CMO role.
- Learn what key trait extends CMO tenure by over 60%.
- Find out how top marketing executives adapt to changes impacting their jobs in the areas of technology, language, and culture.
- See how the CMO works in an environment of ever-increasing collaboration where the roles of CEO, CTO, COO, and CMO are blurring.
- Learn how the CMO role is now dominated by data rather than gut decisions, and why the top CMOs still listen to their gut.
As part of my presentations I often share my story of growing my digital marketing agency from a one-man show bringing in less than $10,000 per month to a multi-million dollar, global operation, through content marketing and thought leadership.
I love doing Q&A after my presentations, where possible.
What Others Say
- 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2017 – Entrepreneur Magazine
- 8 Content Marketers to Follow in 2017 – Inc. Magazine
- The Top 10 Social Marketing Influencers to Keep An Eye on in 2017 – Social Media Explorer
- Praise for Chief Marketing Officers at Work: 5 Best Business Books of 2016 – Success Magazine, 11 Marketing Books Every CMO Should Read – Forbes
- 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017 – Forbes
- #7, Top 100 Most Influential CMOs – Richtopia
- 8 Online Influencers in Digital Marketing To Look Out For In 2017 – The Huffington Post
- 50 Online Marketing Influencers To Watch in 2016 – Entrepreneur Magazine
- #11, People Most Mentioned and Retweeted by CMOs – Leadtail
Josh has a mastery of content distribution strategies matched only by his engaging speaking style. He expertly demonstrated actionable ways to contact the right journalists, and more importantly, how to create crave-able content.
Daniel Mackey, VP of Operations at WriterAccess, Content Marketing Conference
It was wonderful to have Josh as a TEDxHongKongEd speaker. He was thoughtful, funny, authentic and talked about something relevant and personal – the ingredients for a great TEDx talk.
Jong Lee, TEDx Hong Kong
Whenever I invite Josh to speak on a topic, whether it’s SEO or growth hacking and everything in between, he always delivers with poise, honesty and insight gained from real world experience. Josh has become a tremendous asset to the digital marketing and start-up communities in Hong Kong, fully earned through hustle and hard work.
Michael Kerr, Chair, Technology Committee, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
Josh gave an outstanding keynote speech at Mosa, which was highly welcomed by the entrepreneurial community of Taiwan and attended by the leaders of the country, including the Premier of Taiwan.
Martin Talvari, co-founder of Mosa
Josh came to speak to our Master of Management students at Peking University HSBC Business School. He connected to the students with his humor and personal approach to speaking. The students responded exceptionally well to him bringing his experience to our course and he was a pleasure to work with.
Kevin Chastagner, Assistant Professor at Peking University HSBC Business School, Shenzhen, China–>
- BYU Management Society: December 04, 2019, Boston - The 7 Systems of Influence. Whether you’re a parent, teacher, friend, employee, executive, or entrepreneur, at the end of your life you will measure the success of your life in two ways; 1) by the impact you made on others, and 2) who you became, or the changes you made to improve yourself. In this presentation, Josh Steimle will share his research into the systems highly influential people throughout history have used to change themselves and impact others. You’ll learn how to build, maintain, and use these “7 Systems of Influence” to make improvements in your own life as well as serve others.
- Content Marketing Conference: April 16, 2019, Boston - Content Marketing Conference
- Reach or Miss Podcast: March 18, 2019 - Entrepreneur Magazine put Josh Steimle on their 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch and Forbes recognized him as one of 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017, And yet he says “If I’ve had any success, I’ve had 10 times as many failures”
- B2B Growth Podcast: March 06, 2019 - #ContentBasedNetworking 11: How a College Kid Got a Meeting with a Big Shot CEO
- BYU China Conference: February 16, 2019, Provo, Utah - My China Experience
- The Innovative Agency Podcast: February 13, 2019 - 4 Steps for Agencies to Generate Massive Revenue With Thought Leadership.
One of the most profitable revenue streams remains untapped at most agencies: thought leadership.
The phrase may sound akin to an over-utilized buzzword, but Josh Steimle, agency owner at MWi would disagree.
Using his publications in Forbes, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, and industry publications, he’s generated $5M in revenue.
And no, it wasn’t difficult to get in. He simply joined contributor programs at each, published his articles without pay, and went from near-bankruptcy to a flourishing agency in a matter of months.
He broke down a very easy 4-step process to publication that leads to revenue right here on The Innovative Agency Podcast
- China Influencer Marketing Panel: November 26, 2018, Hong Kong - China Influencer Marketing
- ABNet: November 14, 2018, Shenzhen, China - LinkedIn Thought Leadership Workshop
- Startup Grind: November 10, 2018, Shenzhen, China - Personal Branding Workshop
- Startup Circle: November 07, 2018 - How to build personal influence to grow a business
- Mercato Partners: October 17, 2018, Salt Lake City, Utah - LinkedIn For Startup Founders
- Impact Summit: October 13, 2018, Salt Lake City, Utah - Opening Keynote: The 7 Systems of Influence
- Startup Grind: September 01, 2018, Shenzhen, China - PR Advice for Startups
- Selling Disruption Show: August 27, 2018 - How to Become An Executive Person Of Interest with Josh Steimle
- Brand Hero w/ SwagSam: August 27, 2018 - Helping Executives become Influencers w/ Josh Steimle
- Asia Circle: August 24, 2018, Hong Kong - LinkedIn for CEOs
- Content Marketing Conference: May 02 - 04, 2018, Boston - How To Become a Contributor To Top Business Publications
- The Cult Gathering 2018: February 21 - 23, 2018, The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel (Conference Centre) - The Cult Gathering 2018
- Video Trends For 2018 Conference: December 12, 2017, Tel Aviv, Israel - Video Trends For 2018 Conference
- Ignite Seminar : September 21, 2017, Pico Tower, 66 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, HK - Crowdfunding for Non-Profit: More than Fundraising
- Meltwater APAC webinar: August 22, 2017 - Why your CEO should be the center of your next KOL campaign
- ReadWrite Labs Meetup: July 17, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Getting Started in China Panel
- China Marketing Summit: July 15, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Building a Personal Brand
- RISE Community Night: July 14, 2017, Hong Kong - Thought Leadership and PR
- Madrasters Meetup: July 01, 2017, Shenzhen, China - My Thought Leadership Journey
- BYU-Idaho: Power to Become: May 18 - 19, 2017, Rexburg, Idaho - 10 Ways Shy Students Can Become Well Connected
- Building Business Rockstars Podcast: May 10, 2017 - How to Become an Influencer & Create a Thriving Business
- Marketing Milestones Podcast: May 04, 2017 - CMOs at Work
- Cross Border Summit: April 21 - 22, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Leveraging Influencers for Ecommerce Growth
- Digital Communications Conference: April 19, 2017, Hong Kong - How Influencers Are Shaping the Future of PR
- Content Marketing Conference: April 11 - 13, 2017, Boston - Content Marketing Conference
- China Business Cast Podcast: March 30, 2017 - Becoming an influencer and thought leader, China vs. the West
- The CMO Show Podcast: March 16, 2017 - What does it take to be a successful CMO today?
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: March 04, 2017, Hong Kong - Digital Marketing Today
- Podcast Fire Nation: February 25, 2017 - 1588: Forty pounds overweight and depressed to ultra trail runner with Josh Steimle
- Global Sources Startup Launchpad: February 24, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Global Sources Startup Launchpad
- China Marketing Summit: February 23, 2017, Shenzhen, China - DIY Public Relations
- Hubstaff Podcast: February 22, 2017 - Josh Steimle on 10X-ing in a year by finding the right partners
- China Marketing Summit: January 14, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Future of Marketing Opening Keynote
- WeChat Expo: January 12, 2017, Hong Kong - WeChat Expo
- Hardware Massive: January 12, 2017, Hong Kong - Marketing for Hardware Startups Panel Day 2
- Hardware Massive: January 11, 2017, Shenzhen, China - Marketing for Hardware Startups Panel Day 1
- Freelance Transformation Podcast: January 09, 2017 - Winning Clients Through Influence
- Razor Sharp Marketing Podcast: December 20, 2016 - Insights from 29 Chief Marketing Officers with Josh Steimle
- Guangzhou International Innovation Festival: December 05 - 06, 2016, Guangzhou, China - Future of Marketing Panel
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong: December 01, 2016, Hong Kong - $10K to $100K: The Benefits of Becoming an Influencer
- The CMO Podcast: November 10, 2016 - How the CMO Killed My Deal
- School for Startups Podcast: November 03, 2016 - School for Startups Podcast
- Ictus Marketing Podcast: November 02, 2016 - Ictus Marketing Podcast
- Hack the Entrepreneur Podcast: October 27, 2016 - Hack the Entrepreneur Podcast
- Digital Marketing Radio Podcast: October 25, 2016 - Growing a digital marketing agency from China
- Big Salad: October 15, 2016, Shenzhen, China - Big Salad Shenzhen
- Interactive Minds: October 12, 2016, Brisbane, Australia - Building Your Business Through Thought Leadership
- Little Tokyo Two: October 12, 2016, Brisbane, Australia - Little Tokyo Two Australia
- Startup Melbourne Podcast: October 10, 2016 - Startup Melbourne 2
- Less Doing Podcast: October 07, 2016 - Less Doing Podcast
- Startup Melbourne Podcast: October 02, 2016 - Startup Melbourne 1
- Entrepreneur Decoded Podcast: September 08, 2016 - Entrepreneur Decoded Podcast
- Ideation Collective Podcast: September 08, 2016 - Ideation Collective Podcast
- Marketing Book Podcast: September 02, 2016 - Marketing Book Podcast
- Startup Grind: August 26, 2016, Shenzhen, China - Startup Grind Shenzhen
- HAX Accelerator: August 26, 2016, Shenzhen, China - PR 101 For Startups
- ClickZ Live: August 02 - 04, 2016, Hong Kong - How to Became a B2B Marketing Influencer
- Salesgasm: June 28, 2016, Hong Kong - CMO Insights
- The Hub Singapore: June 17, 2016, Singapore - 12 SEO Must-Haves For Your Website In 2016
- Echelon Asia Summit 2016: June 15 - 16, 2016, Singapore - Echelon Asia Summit 2016
- Wearable IoT World: June 07, 2016, Hong Kong - Content Marketing for IoT Startups
- COMPUTEX: May 31 - June 04, 2016, Taipei, Taiwan - COMPUTEX
- Content Marketing Conference: May 17 - 19, 2016, Las Vegas - Content Marketing Conference
- Drexel University: May 05, 2016, Hong Kong - Marketing in Hong Kong
- Baylor University: April 29, 2016, Hong Kong - Starting a Business in Asia
- Peking University HSBC Business School: April 15, 2016, Shenzhen, China - Shenzhen Peking University
- Auburn University: March 18, 2016, Hong Kong - EMBA group from Auburn University
- Malaysia Social Media Week: March 07 - 10, 2016, Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia Social Media Week
- India Social Media Week: March 03 - 04, 2016, Chennai, India - India Social Media Week
- WriterAccess: February 25, 2016, Webinar - - 5 Steps to Become a Contributor to Forbes, TechCrunch, and More
- Garage Society: February 16, 2016, Hong Kong - Online Writing Workshop
- Hult Prize: December 12, 2015, Shenzhen, China - Hult Prize Regional Event
- Church & State / MWI: November 11, 2015, Salt Lake City, Utah - International Digital Marketing
- InvestHK: November 03, 2015, San Francisco - Doing Business in Hong Kong
- ClickZ: October 21 - 22, 2015, Singapore - ClickZ Live Singapore
- MOSA: October 07 - 08, 2015, Taipei, Taiwan - Public Relations for Startups
- Rackspace SOLVE Hong Kong: September 16, 2015, Hong Kong - Rackspace SOLVE Hong Kong
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: July 28, 2015, Hong Kong - Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- ad:tech asean: July 07, 2015, Singapore - ad:tech asean
- CommunicAsia2015: June 02, 2015, Singapore - CommunicAsia2015
- World Internet Developer Summit: May 21, 2015, Hong Kong - World Internet Developer Summit
- General Assembly: March 17, 2015, Hong Kong - General Assembly
- General Assembly: January 22, 2015, Hong Kong - General Assembly
- Arab Women Leadership Forum: November 04, 2014, Dubai - Arab Women Leadership Forum
- Founders Institute: August 25, 2014, Hong Kong - Founders Institute
- ClickZ Live: August 07, 2014, Hong Kong - ClickZ Live
- General Assembly: July 24, 2014 - General Assembly
- American Chamber of Commerce: : July 09, 2014, Hong Kong - American Chamber of Commerce
- TEDxHongKongED: : May 31, 2014 - TEDxHongKongED
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: May 21, 2014, Hong Kong - Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- General Assembly: March 25, 2014, Hong Kong - General Assembly
- CoCoon: January 16, 2014, Hong Kong - CoCoon
- SME Creativity Center: March 25, 2013, Hong Kong - SME Creativity Center
- Asia Self Storage Expo: March 19, 2013, Hong Kong - Asia Self Storage Expo