I speak to audiences internationally about the role of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), digital marketing, and entrepreneurship. I have a history of delivering–not just as a speaker, but as someone who is easy to work with. I hope the information on this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to know if I’m the right fit for your event. Thank you for considering me as a speaker.
Speaking Video Samples
You can see full length videos of me speaking on my YouTube channel.
Check My Availability
Please submit the brief form here.
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal consultation with me by phone (or where possible, in person) prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my social media channels, assuming you want the exposure.
- A professional, engaging presentation that delivers the outcomes you want with your audience.
- More than just a talk or presentation. If that’s all you want or need, that’s fine, but if you want someone who will get to know attendees, network with them, and provide more than merely a good talk, I’m your man. I’m typically the last person to leave a room, because I enjoy talking with everyone I can.
- Contacts and referral to other potential speakers, should your event require multiple presenters.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with me to make sure I met your expectations and explore opportunities for improvement.
Here’s what event organizers I’ve worked with have to say about my presentations.
Josh has a mastery of content distribution strategies matched only by his engaging speaking style. He expertly demonstrated actionable ways to contact the right journalists, and more importantly, how to create crave-able content.
Daniel Mackey, VP of Operations at WriterAccess, Content Marketing Conference
It was wonderful to have Josh as a TEDxHongKongEd speaker. He was thoughtful, funny, authentic and talked about something relevant and personal – the ingredients for a great TEDx talk.
Jong Lee, TEDx Hong Kong
Whenever I invite Josh to speak on a topic, whether it’s SEO or growth hacking and everything in between, he always delivers with poise, honesty and insight gained from real world experience. Josh has become a tremendous asset to the digital marketing and start-up communities in Hong Kong, fully earned through hustle and hard work.
Michael Kerr, Chair, Technology Committee, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
Josh gave an outstanding keynote speech at Mosa, which was highly welcomed by the entrepreneurial community of Taiwan and attended by the leaders of the country, including the Premier of Taiwan.
Martin Talvari, co-founder of Mosa
Josh came to speak to our Master of Management students at Peking University HSBC Business School. He connected to the students with his humor and personal approach to speaking. The students responded exceptionally well to him bringing his experience to our course and he was a pleasure to work with.
Kevin Chastagner, Assistant Professor at Peking University HSBC Business School, Shenzhen, China
I am a writer, speaker, and entrepreneur. My first book Chief Marketing Officers at Work, recognized in Success Magazine as one of the 5 Best Business Books of 2016, contains 29 exclusive interviews with CMOs from companies and organizations like Target, The Home Depot, PayPal, Spotify, and the Harvard Business School. I have published over 200 articles in publications like Forbes, Inc., TechCrunch, Time, and Mashable. I’ve presented at TEDx, Ad:Tech, ClickZ Live, and other marketing and business events across the U.S., Asia, and the Middle East. I have been speaking publicly in a professional capacity since 1999 and have appeared on national TV and radio in the US, and have been interviewed for various podcasts and webinars. Forbes listed me as one of 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017, I was ranked #7 on Richtopia’s list of Top 100 Most Influential CMOs, and data from social media research firm Leadtail ranked me #11 on their list of People Most Mentioned and Retweeted by CMOs.
I started my digital marketing agency, MWI, as a college student in 1999. With offices in the U.S., Hong Kong, Singapore, and China, my agency has created websites and digital marketing campaigns for clients like Sony, LG, Brighton Ski Resort, Standard Life, Manulife, and Symantec.
I frequently mentor entrepreneurs on their startup plans, especially with regards to public relations and marketing.
I have been married to my wife, Brynn, for 16 years. We live in Shenzhen, China with our two children and we are in the process of adopting a third. I am an ultra trail runner, triathlete, skateboarder, and snowboarder. I’m a voracious reader. I hold a Masters degree in Information Systems Management from Brigham Young University.
My Most Requested Topics
I speak on topics related to the role of the chief marketing officer, digital marketing, entrepreneurship, and how to become an industry influencer. I typically give keynotes but also deliver workshops and participate on panels. Favorite topics include:
- Why CMOs Succeed, and Fail
- The Future of Marketing Isn’t Digital
- Startup Public Relations 101
- How to Become a B2B Influencer
More often than not, I now share my story of growing my digital marketing agency from a 1-man show bringing in less than $10,000 per month to a multi-million dollar, global operation, through content marketing and thought leadership.
I love doing Q&A after all my presentations, where possible.
- China Marketing Summit: April 08, 2017, Shenzhen, China
– Opening Keynote, Overview of China’s Marketing Scene
- Content Marketing Conference: April 11 - 13, 2017, Boston
– Creating a 2 million dollar blog post.
- Quadriga University: April 19, 2017, Hong Kong
– How Influencers Are Shaping the Future of PR
- Global Sources Startup Launchpad: February 24, 2017, Shenzhen, China
– Future Trends of Digital Marketing and Golden Rules for Startups When Selling Globally
- China Marketing Summit: February 23, 2017, Shenzhen, China
– How to get featured in major publications
- China Marketing Summit: January 14, 2017, Shenzhen, China
– My agency is co-organizing this event so I’ll probably be doing a number of things at it.
- WeChat Expo: January 12, 2017, Hong Kong
– Building a Personal Brand On WeChat as a Non-Chinese.
- Hardware Massive: January 12, 2017, Hong Kong
– Separate panel in Hong Kong, but same topic/focus as China event the day before.
- Hardware Massive: January 11, 2017, Shenzhen, China
– Panel. Walkthrough from the different perspectives (development + manufacturing + marketing + investment) from experts in each field, for 3 local startups chosen for the event.
- Freelance Transformation Podcast: January 09, 2017
– Winning Clients Through Influence
- Razor Sharp Marketing Podcast: December 20, 2016
– Insights from 29 Chief Marketing Officers with Josh Steimle
- Guangzhou International Innovation Festival: December 05 - 06, 2016, Guangzhou, China
Panel: Reaching the Connected Consumer
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong: December 01, 2016, Hong Kong
– $10K to $100K: The Benefits of Becoming an Influencer.
- The CMO Podcast: November 10, 2016
– How the CMO Killed My Deal
- School for Startups Podcast: November 03, 2016
– CMOs at Work Author Josh Steimle & VentureFuel’s Fred Schonenberg
- Ictus Marketing Podcast: November 02, 2016
– How to Become a Thought Leader
- Hack the Entrepreneur Podcast: October 27, 2016
– How to avoid 10 years of failure.
- Digital Marketing Radio Podcast: October 25, 2016
– Growing a digital marketing agency from China
- Big Salad: October 15, 2016, Shenzhen, China
- Interactive Minds: October 12, 2016, Brisbane, Australia
– Building Your Business Through Thought Leadership.
- Little Tokyo Two: October 12, 2016, Brisbane, Australia
– Do you want to be featured in major online business publications? Josh Steimle has published over 200 articles in places like Inc, Forbes, Mashable, TechCrunch, and Time. He has received thousands of pitches from startups, entrepreneurs, and PR firms and he’ll be sharing his tips on how to get journalists to pay attention to your emails instead of sending them straight to the rubbish bin.
- Startup Melbourne Podcast: October 10, 2016
– Insights from Digital Marketer Josh Steimle – Success Through Influencing
- Less Doing Podcast: October 07, 2016
– In this episode of the Less Doing Podcast, Ari and Nick sit down for an international conversation with author, CEO, and all-around marketing master Josh Steimle. Listen in as they discuss Josh’s decision to live overseas, what makes for a successful entrepreneurial venture, and why bringing in a partner can be the best business decision you ever make.
- Startup Melbourne Podcast: October 02, 2016
– Insights from Digital Marketer Josh Steimle – Opportunities in China
- Entrepreneur Decoded Podcast: September 08, 2016
– “Stop Killing Yourself At Work”
- Ideation Collective Podcast: September 08, 2016
– Interview covering my entrepreneur journey, my book, and more.
- Marketing Book Podcast: September 02, 2016
– Douglas interviewed me for my new book Chief Marketing Officers at Work.
- Startup Grind: August 26, 2016, Shenzhen, China
– Interview about my entrepreneurial journey.
- HAX Accelerator: August 26, 2016, Shenzhen, China
– PR 101 For Startups.
- ClickZ Live: August 02 - 04, 2016, Hong Kong
– How to Became a B2B Marketing Influencer.
- Salesgasm: June 28, 2016, Hong Kong
– Yeah, it’s a weird event name. I delivered the opening keynote at the event speaking about my experiences writing Chief Marketing Officers at Work.
- The Hub Singapore: June 17, 2016, Singapore
– Got pulled into an SEO panel at the last minute alongside Eli Schwartz, Dan Clarke, and Wei Leen Ng.
- Echelon Asia Summit 2016: June 15 - 16, 2016, Singapore
– Build and Reach Keynote, How I Grew My Business 1,000% Through Thought Leadership
- Wearable IoT World: June 07, 2016, Hong Kong
– Content Marketing for IoT Startups. Video here.
- COMPUTEX: May 31 - June 04, 2016, Taipei, Taiwan
– I will be a moderator at the COMPUTEX InnoVEX VCs / accelerators forum on June 2.
- Content Marketing Conference: May 17 - 19, 2016, Las Vegas
– Topic: How anyone can get content into mainstream publications: Insider tips from a contributor to Mashable, TechCrunch, and Forbes. See video. Also participated in a panel discussion about global content strategy. Video for that here.
- Drexel University: May 05, 2016, Hong Kong
– I presented to a group of 20 MBA students visiting Asia, giving them an overview of the marketing environment in Hong Kong and Asia.
- Baylor University: April 29, 2016, Hong Kong
– Presented to a group of 40 Executive MBA students from the Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University, talking about the startup scene in Hong Kong and my experiences starting an Asia office.
- Peking University HSBC Business School: April 15, 2016, Shenzhen, China
- Auburn University: March 18, 2016, Hong Kong
– Spoke to visiting group of 50-60 EMBA students from Auburn University on startup/business scene in Hong Kong.
- Malaysia Social Media Week: March 07 - 10, 2016, Kuala Lumpur
- India Social Media Week: March 03 - 04, 2016, Chennai, India
– Topic: Social media + mobile commerce. Cancelled due to floods in Chennai, India.
- WriterAccess: February 25, 2016, Webinar -
This is a teaser for my presentation at the Content Marketing Conference in Las Vegas in May. Watch recorded webinar.
- Garage Society: February 16, 2016, Hong Kong
– Online writing workshop. I’ll be presenting on how to craft compelling content for publication in mainstream media, blogs, etc.
- Hult Prize: December 12, 2015, Shenzhen, China
– Judging a social venture startup competition, also speaking on marketing/PR to student teams.
- Church & State / MWI: November 11, 2015, Salt Lake City, Utah
– Topic: International digital marketing, special emphasis on Asia.
- InvestHK: November 03, 2015, San Francisco
– Presentation: State of startup scene in Hong Kong and my experiences opening my agency’s first international office there.
- ClickZ: October 21 - 22, 2015, Singapore
– Session title: Insider Tips – How To Get Big Online Media Coverage With Minimal Time. View slides.
- MOSA: October 07 - 08, 2015, Taipei, Taiwan
– Topic: Hacking Your PR
- Rackspace SOLVE Hong Kong: September 16, 2015, Hong Kong
– Panel discussion on customer service. Video here.
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: July 28, 2015, Hong Kong
– Technology roundtable. Topic: Growth Hacking.
- ad:tech asean: July 07, 2015, Singapore
– Topic: Digital Marketing On a Budget. Video here.
- CommunicAsia2015: June 02, 2015, Singapore
– Slides: Mobile Marketing as Science and Art
- World Internet Developer Summit: May 21, 2015, Hong Kong
– Slides: Digital Marketing For Tech Companies
- General Assembly: March 17, 2015, Hong Kong
- General Assembly: January 22, 2015, Hong Kong
– Slides: Do It Yourself Online PR For Startups
- Arab Women Leadership Forum: November 04, 2014, Dubai
– Topic: Entrepreneurship panel discussion, Forbes article: Doing Business As A Female Entrepreneur In The United Arab Emirates
- Founders Institute: August 25, 2014, Hong Kong
– Slides: How To Get Press In 15 Minutes
- ClickZ Live: August 07, 2014, Hong Kong
– Slides: Intro To Digital Marketing
- General Assembly: July 24, 2014
– Slides: Do It Yourself Online PR For Startups
- American Chamber of Commerce: : July 09, 2014, Hong Kong
- TEDxHongKongED: : May 31, 2014
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: May 21, 2014, Hong Kong
– Slides: Competitive SEO
- General Assembly: March 25, 2014, Hong Kong
– Slides: How To Get To The Top Of Google
- CoCoon: January 16, 2014, Hong Kong
– Slides: How To Get Press For Your Startup
- SME Creativity Center: March 25, 2013, Hong Kong
– Slides: How To Get To The Top Of Google
- Asia Self Storage Expo: March 19, 2013, Hong Kong